The GroundTruth Project, whose mission is to advance sustainable, innovative, and equitable journalism that serves under-covered communities worldwide through on-the-ground reporting, is seeking a Development Assistant to join its Development Team.
GroundTruth is home to Report for America and Report for the World, two programs addressing the crisis in journalism in the U.S. and abroad by placing local journalists in the field at scale. Housed within the offices of WGBH in Boston, GroundTruth has a lively headquarters; a prestigious Board of Directors and Advisory Board; a small, talented and dedicated staff, and a timely mission and vision.
The Development Assistant will join a fast-growing team and contribute to an ambitious fundraising effort to raise $70 million over the next five years through leading national and regional foundations, corporations, major donors and grassroots campaigns. The Development Assistant will be based remotely and will report to the Director of Local Sustainability.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing operational logistics for our local newsroom partners, donors, foundations and corporations.
- This position will also focus on database management, and reporting. Solicits and acknowledges donations and maintains donor records.
- Facilitate and support the development and local sustainability teams with information collection from partner newsrooms about their fundraising activities.
- Participate in collecting information for the development of the annual report; Build and maintain systems — including our Salesforce database — to carefully track, acknowledge, and report gifts (including data entry and analysis); Maintains accurate newsroom data in Salesforce as the one source of truth and communicates to newsroom status on development goals.
- Maintain contact with all newsroom affiliates to drive Portal usage, auditing content as needed.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with members of the GroundTruth finance, operations, and program teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data relevant to the Local Sustainability and Development teams.
- Administer day-to-day development tasks, such as preparing gift acknowledgments, addressing donors’ payments concerns, preparing meeting materials, etc.
- Responsible for supporting the Local Sustainability and Development team with the day to day tasks that make the organization and department run smoothly and efficiently.
- Support other development functions of a fast-growing team as needs emerge.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an emerging professional who seeks to make an impact in a growing organization and who shares an interest in education, journalism, civic engagement and the issues GroundTruth addresses.
Successful candidates will possess:
- At least 1 (one) years of professional work experience in a nonprofit development;
- Demonstrated experience in data reporting and analysis, and presentation of high-level findings;
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to write on a deadline;
- Excellent attention to detail, especially as it relates to copy editing, deadlines, organizing, and time management;
- A problem-solving mindset and passion for building things from the ground up;
- A sense of humor, creativity, flexibility and high standards in nonprofit excellence.
- Excellent follow-up skills;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization;
- Able to manage an application process and create and manage a calendar of scheduled interviews;
- Experience creating, mining and merging data;
- Some experience with planning events,
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google suites, Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 – $49,000.00 per year
- 403(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift