Location: Remote, United States
Salary Range: $100,000-$120,000 annual
Benefit Eligible: Yes
FLSA: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
The GroundTruth Project is an award-winning, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists in the U.S. and around the world. Our mission is to restore journalism from the ground up by supporting emerging journalists through field reporting that serves the under-covered corners of the United States and the world. Our team is headquartered at WGBH in Boston, the flagship PBS station.
The Manager of Information Systems is a hands-on role for an energetic and collaborative individual who likes working across teams to solve problems, identify and address pain points, identify and implement software solutions, and help colleagues make process/workflow improvements that support the organization to achieve our ambitious mission.
The Manager of Information Systems will work with all GroundTruth teams, including Report for America, Report for the World, and GroundTruth’s Editorial Hub teams. This is a remote position that reports to the organization’s Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Oversee the architecture of the organization’s Salesforce tenant
- Ensure custom fields, dashboards, views, reports, and integration with Airtable are configured and communicated appropriately
- Train new staff in collaboration with our Salesforce consultants as needed
- Establish and document Salesforce best practices
- Collaborate with various teams to translate business requirements into Software-as-a-Service (e.g. Salesforce and other SaaS software) features, functionality, and processes
- Advise department and senior leadership in the interpretation of systems data and recommend further analysis as needed, and assist with questions or concerns over both internal and external data and reporting requirements
- Ensure sufficient technical support is provided to staff on platforms including Google Workspace, Salesforce, Slack, Box, Zoom, Submittable, Airtable, Survey Monkey, and others
- Coordinate and directly participate in the investigation, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of technology issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Define, with input from organizational leadership, an appropriate information security posture and work with relevant parties to enact security measures
- Verify that operational procedures (hardware management, new hire setups, staff departures, access control changes, etc) are coordinated with the relevant teams and enacted successfully
- Manage external technology vendor relationships
- Perform other similar and related duties as required
- Attend periodic staff meetings and training sessions
- Comply with proper paperwork procedures, prompt follow-up communications, and departmental policies
Internal and External Contacts:
- Interface regularly with staff on Zoom, on the phone, and through email
- Interface with outside vendors on Zoom, through email, and on the phone
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Salesforce super user strongly preferred. Certifications are a plus.
- At least 5 years of relevant systems and software experience
- At least 2 years effectively managing a technology team or acting as a single source of success
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to translate technical solutions to colleagues
- Experience working with Google Workspace is strongly preferred
- Experience working with Box, Zoom, Zapier, Okta, Submittable, WordPress, Slack, Airtable, or similar programs a plus
This job description reflects essential functions of the position for The GroundTruth Project/Report for America/Report for the World. It does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned for this particular position. A shift in the roles and responsibilities of this specific position or in the strategic needs of the organization may result in this job description changing. All changes will be made in consultation with the employee to the furthest extent possible. FLSA Classification: Exempt. The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.