The GroundTruth Project is an award-winning, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists in the U.S. and around the world. Our mission is to restore journalism from the ground up by supporting emerging journalists through field reporting that serves under-covered corners of the United States and the world. Our team is headquartered at WGBH in Boston, the flagship PBS station.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to perform general ledger and other accounting/administrative duties. The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and will be working out of the Boston office. This is a full-time position.
- Process accounts payable and receivable
- Handle various balance sheet account and bank reconciliations
- Post journal entries to general ledger
- Manage employee expense reimbursement and the corporate credit cards
- Assist the Controller with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Establish and modify the implementation of accounting procedures
- Monitor compliance with organization policies and procedures
- Assist with preparation and execution of annual audit, with a focus on receivable schedules and analysis
- Collaborate with Controller to develop and monitor accounts receivable policies and procedures
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- At least three years of collective experience in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Demonstrated experience working in a nonprofit with a mix of funding sources
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Affinity for and ability to analyze numbers
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and Salesforce preferred
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing.
About The GroundTruth Project
Since its incorporation as an independent 501(c)3 organization in 2014, GroundTruth has built award-winning editorial teams to produce in-depth journalism that explores challenging global issues through local, on-the-ground reporting working in more than 50 countries. In 2018, GroundTruth launched Report for America, a new national service program that places talented emerging journalists into local newsrooms in under-covered communities across the United States. The RFA vision is to grow to 1,000 journalists by 2024.
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.