This role will provide essential administrative support to the chair of the Rebuild Local News Coalition, and act as the primary staffer on social media and membership management.
Rebuild Local News Coalition is a coalition of 17 trade associations and journalism advocates. Our goal is to work together to advocate for smart, content neutral policies to support the local press. Together with its partners, Rebuild Local News has made significant gains on federal and state legislation. It’s now looking for a process-oriented staffer to support its continued growth. It is an initiative of The GroundTruth Project.
- Organize meetings and calendar for Chair of Rebuild Local News Coalition
- Create and schedule social media posts for the Rebuild Local News Coalition
- Work with manager of policy development to implement internal communications strategy for coalition members
- Work with manager policy development to fact check, copy edit and publish blogs, reports and other editorial deliverables
- Handle a variety of administrative and operational tasks for the coalition as needed including communication with members of the coalition, updating of the website and interfacing with support teams within GroundTruth including the finance and communications teams
This job description reflects essential functions of the Operations and Outreach Associate position for The Rebuild Local News Coalition /The GroundTruth Project. It does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned for this particular position. A shift in the roles and responsibilities of this specific position or in the strategic needs of the organization may result in this job description changing. All changes will be made in consultation with the employee to the furthest extent possible.
- B.A. degree
- Some administrative experience
- Experience in nonprofits and/or newsrooms a plus
- Facility with Google Calendar, Calendly, Google sheets, Zoom
- Passion for saving local news
- Knowledge of social media tools like
- Newsletter writing
- Writing for social
- Basic familiarity with Squarespace
- Excellent communication across internal teams and with external partners
- Extremely well organized and accustomed to juggling multiple tasks
- Sense of humor
To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please select from the list provided below as essential to perform the job:
- Must be able to use a computer screen in real time.
- Must be physically able to type/use a mouse in order to update and create content under tight/short deadlines.
- This person will be required to communicate with all levels within the organization.