Report for America, an initiative of The GroundTruth Project, is seeking a Marketing and Public Relations Manager to join its team at an incredibly exciting time for program growth. This individual will be responsible for building and honing brand, public awareness and public outreach for Report for America. The position is based in New York.
- Manage and build the Report for America brand, communicating and maintaining brand standards with staff
- Manage RFA social media coordinator
- Build and manage an annual communications calendar, including a thoughtful earned media strategy, coordinated with the broader GroundTruth Project strategic communications plans as well
- Manage and grow Report for America platforms, including newsletters, social media, website, and other communications;
- Coordinate paid and niche marketing for recruitment of corps members and news organizations
- Track, curate, and share the stories and impact of corps members and our partner newsrooms
- Serve as the program’s point person for media and public relations, creating and implementing strategic communications around critical program moments, including recruitment, new corps launch, announcement of new partnerships and any sensitive issues that arise.
- Coordinate with senior leadership to advance thought leadership and industry positioning opportunities including conference appearances, op-eds and media interviews, and more
- Organize media training for program staff on communicating key messages clearly, succinctly, and with impact
- Coordinate with overall GroundTruth marketing, public relations and communications strategy
- Coordinate welcome packages for new RFA host newsrooms and new RFA corps members
- Manage swag
- Seven years with organizations, agencies or companies, including some in leadership positions
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing and communications for a nonprofit or media organization
- Exceptional writing, editing, project management and content development skills
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Some experience building newsletters and audience, a plus
- Preferred: proficiencies in web analytics, and press relations
About The GroundTruth Project
GroundTruth is an award-winning, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists in the U.S. and around the world. Housed within the offices of WGBH in Boston, GroundTruth has a lively headquarters; a prestigious Board of Directors and Advisory Board; a talented and dedicated staff, and a timely mission and vision. Our mission is to restore journalism from the ground up by supporting the next generation of journalists through field reporting that serves under-covered corners of the United States and the world.
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.