UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
The GroundTruth Project is looking for a digital intern for the summer. The start date is flexible, we would likely ask the digital intern to start in late May or early June.
GroundTruth is an award-winning nonprofit media organization dedicated to helping early-career journalists tell the most important stories of their generation — by providing them with the training, opportunities and funding they need.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the behind-the-scenes work that goes into a nonprofit media organization.
We are looking for someone who believes in using their digital expertise to promote and present the work of their colleagues in the field.
We are looking for someone who has keen attention to detail, copyediting experience, can work independently and collaboratively, has strong editorial judgment and thinks creatively about ways to promote content via social media.
We encourage current students and recent graduates to apply.
As the digital intern, your responsibilities will include:
1. Building stories in WordPress, including copyediting, visual presentation and headline/caption writing
2. Assisting with daily social media management of GroundTruth’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter sites
3. Assisting with curating and drafting GroundTruth’s two newsletters
4. Providing support to the digital editor and the managing editor
5. Social video (depending on skills/interest of the digital intern)
6. Assisting with audio/podcast production (depending on skills/interest of the digital intern)
7. If you have other multimedia skills or design interests, please feel free to mention those in your cover letter.
A working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is required. Familiarity with WordPress or another CMS is a plus. Familiarity with Photoshop and Premiere is beneficial, but is not necessary.
This is a paid internship ($11/hour) and can be part-time or full-time. The digital intern is required to work from our Boston, MA, office.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume, along with details on your availability this summer, to [email protected]. The deadline to apply is January 28, 2018 at 11:59 pm.