The GroundTruth Project is seeking a Deputy Editor for Health & Environment to join our team at our headquarters at WGBH, the flagship PBS station in Boston. We’re looking for someone with solid digital experience and a passion for international reporting who is drawn to our mission to train the next generation of journalists. This person can thrive in the spirited environment of a startup.
Working closely with GroundTruth editors and reporters, the Deputy Editor will be responsible for developing digital reporting projects related to health and environment, and in particular, climate change. The Deputy Editor will report to the Editor for Health & Environment.
- Work closely with Editor for Health & Environment to assign, develop and edit multimedia features by our network of fellows and contributors
- Collaborate with editorial team to input stories to the CMS and publish and promote them
- Produce original social media content and support and amplify the content of our editors, fellows and contributors
- Contribute to the shared editorial calendar, identifying coverage opportunities and developing the resources to carry them out
- Work in tandem with editors and reporters to support production of additional media assets, including podcast and documentary films
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and at least two years of related experience in digital publishing as an editor or reporter. Past experience with environmental and international journalism is a plus.
- Employment eligibility to work with GroundTruth in the U.S. is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours at GroundTruth headquarters in Boston.
- Must be highly disciplined, self-motivated, and flexible to the various pressures and changing priorities of any given project.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Previous experience with WordPress and working in a CMS
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Marissa Miley (firstname.lastname@example.org) under the subject heading “Deputy Editor.”
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.