The GroundTruth Project is seeking a Digital Manager for its headquarters at WGBH, a flagship PBS station in Boston. We’re looking for someone with solid digital experience who is drawn to our mission to train the next generation of journalists. This person can thrive in the spirited environment of a startup. This position will report to the Executive Director and the Managing Editor.
Working closely with the editorial and administrative teams, the Digital Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of production for digital content across multiple GroundTruth properties, and lead development of new initiatives.
- Manage and help build various digital media projects relating to GroundTruth’s long-term reporting initiatives and daily publishing schedule.
- Products to manage include our website, weekly newsletter, social media channels, and assorted other verticals and microsites. The Digital Manager will oversee these products, working with developers, designers, members of senior editorial staff, interns, and other relevant stakeholders to maintain quality control.
- Collaborate with editorial staff on workflow that ensures timely delivery of content, as well as develop key success metrics and strategies to improve audience engagement.
- Own the product strategy, roadmap, and execution for a group of digital products that will drive growth in traffic and audience engagement for GroundTruth and collaborate closely with development team in reporting and troubleshooting functionality issues.
- Effectively manage relationships with external vendors and technology partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Employment eligibility to work with GroundTruth in the U.S. is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours at GroundTruth headquarters in Boston.
- At least two years prior experience (including internships) in digital publishing in a project lead or editorial role, and in managing a CMS and training a staff to use it.
- Must be highly disciplined, self-motivated, and flexible to the various pressures and changing priorities of any given project.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work with a team in a digital environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and Google business apps.
- Advanced social media experience, knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred.
- Familiarity with project management systems, team collaboration software (GoogleDocs, Confluence, Slack), bug tracking systems (JIRA), and different content management systems a plus.
- WordPress experience required, particularly in maintaining, iterating and training on the CMS.
Please note that these job descriptions are not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to Kevin Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org) under the subject heading “Digital Manager.”
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.