Film interns will get hands-on experience as production assistants and assistant editors for The GroundTruth Project, a nonprofit media organization dedicated to supporting a new generation of international correspondents and documentary filmmakers. We work at the nexus of documentary filmmaking and journalism and tell character-driven stories that shed light on critical global issues. Our work is featured at film festivals, on television and across all media platforms.
As a film intern, you will:
– Perform Production Assistant duties during pre-production, production and post-production
– Assist with editing, logging, transcribing, transcoding of footage
– Participate in grant writing and impact campaigns
– Research story ideas
Interns will gain hands-on production and post-production experience, and develop a real-world understanding of what it takes to fund, produce, distribute and create impact with documentary shorts and features. Depending on the intern’s individual interest, there are also opportunities to experiment with video editing, graphic design, photo editing, data journalism and other special projects.
– An interest in character-driven documentary storytelling, foreign news or international affairs, human rights, digital journalism and digital media trends
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
–Knowledge of editing software (Avid, Premiere) a plus
– Knowledge of how to use Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter effectively
– Must be a college student or recent graduate with transportation to the WGBH office at 1 Guest St., Brighton, MA 02135
– Must be available to work 2 or 3 days per week. Typical hours are 9am to 5pm.
How to Apply:
This is a part-time internship for college credit. Interns will also be able to build their IMDb presence through screen credits (Production Assistant and/or Editing Assistant) for film projects worked on during the internship. This internship starts in September.
Please apply by sending all application materials to email@example.com with “GroundTruth Film Internship Application” as the email subject line. Applications for the 2016 fall semester internship are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
– Links to any films you’ve been involved with and a clear description of your role in its production
– Short cover letter on why you’re interested in this internship, your relevant experience, your skills and what you’d like to learn
– Contact information for 2 references. References could be previous employers, internship supervisors, colleagues or professors
The GroundTruth Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our internship program is in compliance with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).