Overview: Digital interns will get hands-on experience as digital and social media producers for The GroundTruth Project, a nonprofit media organization dedicated to supporting a new generation of international correspondents. We cover critical global issues through enterprise journalism, and our pieces are published through partner organizations such as ABC, The Huffington Post, WGBH, Public Radio International’s The World and The Atlantic.
As a digital intern, you will:
– Create meaningful, interesting content for Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
– Work on web production in our content management systems, including WordPress
– Moderate and curate our storytelling platform, which focuses on youth unemployment and attracts users from different nations around the world
– Write scripts for short, shareable news videos published on social media platforms
– Edit news stories that will be published on our website, www.thegroundtruthproject.org
– Write and edit portions of The GroundTruth Project’s weekly newsletter
Educational benefits: Interns will gain hands-on social media and web production experience that are crucial in today’s journalism industry, including copy editing, headline and promotional writing, exposure to SEO practices, HTML and more. Depending on the intern’s individual interest, there are also opportunities to experiment with video editing, graphic design, photo editing, data journalism and other special projects.
– An interest in foreign news or international affairs, digital journalism and digital media trends
– Strong written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of AP style is a plus
– Knowledge of how to use Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter effectively
– Must be a college student or recent graduate with transportation to the WGBH office at 1 Guest St., Brighton, MA 02135
– Must be available to work 2 or 3 days per week. Typical hours are 9am to 5pm.
Apply: This internship pays $10/hour and starts the first week of September. Interning for college credit is also possible. Please apply by sending all application materials to email@example.com with “GroundTruth Digital Internship Application” as the email subject line. Applications for the 2016 fall semester internship are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, August 10, 2016.
– Short cover letter on why you’re interested in this internship, your relevant experience, your skills and what you’d like to learn
– Contact information for 2 references. References could be previous employers, internship supervisors, colleagues or professors
The GroundTruth Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our internship program is in compliance with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).